Sunday, 8 May 2011
A Few More Predictions ...
Over the past year I've made a number of predictions which were denied and derided at the time, but subsequently proved to be true, including:
* Gareth Epps would stand down from the council - 17 Nov 2010.
* Kisten Bayes would lose in Redlands at the May 2011 council elections - 9 Dec 2010.
* Warren Swaine would fall foul of the Standards Committee again - 10 Feb 2011.
* There would be a LibDem/Conservative trist at the May elections - 17 Nov 2010.
"I urge all Lib Dems and Conservatives in Redlands ward to unite to keep Labour from reclaiming the ward." - Richard Willis, 5 May 2011
So here are a few more:
* LibDem Glenn Goodall will not stand in Redlands at the May 2012 council elections.
* Regardless of who stands for the LibDems, Labour will again win in Redlands in 2012.
* Labour will gain overall control of the council after the 2012 council elections.
* The LibDems will be reduced to just 3 seats in 2012.
* Daisy Benson will not stand for re-election to the council in 2014, stating her intention to seek election as an MP (outside of Reading) instead.
Dismiss them at your peril!