On 5th July 1948 Labour created the National Health Service.
The NHS is our proudest achievement - providing universal healthcare for all and free at the pint of use.
Labour will always stand up for the NHS. But under the Tories our NHS is in crisis. Patients are waiting for hours in overcrowded A&Es, waiting lists are rising and hospitals are in financial crisis.
As we celebrate the 70th birhday of our NHS, it's time to fight for it again.
A LABOUR GOVERNMENT WILL:
- Fully fund our NHS and social care
- End Tory privatisation and fragmentation by properly integrating health and care services
- Halt Tory hospital closure plans
- Bring waiting lists down by guaranteeing treatment within 18 weeks and ensuring 4 hour A&E target is met
- Give every child the healthiest start in life by prioritising children's health services
- Expend mental health services, delivering genuine parity of esteem
- Invest in modern equipment and facilities for the future.